£75.00 – £2,250.00
If you know the basics of Excel VBA macros and are looking to expand your knowledge, this course could be just what you need. Moving on from the creation of Excel VBA macros, this self-paced Advanced Excel Online training course shows you how to write code which responds to events.
During the course, we will continue to use a style of Excel VBA programming which emphasizes the significance of each line of code that you write. This means that when you revisit the code, the meaning of each line is apparent from the syntax, rather than becoming more and more unfamiliar.
This is a hands-on, project-based course which will help you to expand your Excel VBA programming skills by building mini applications.
You’ll learn how to create a workbook which can only be opened by a list of authorized users.
How to create a chart event drill-down solution.
You will learn how to create an accessible workbook which provides dynamic audio feedback to its users.
You will create a solution which allows users to apply a filter to all tables within a workbook.
You will build a sophisticated activity logging solution, which records every user action in a hidden worksheet.
You will build an application which forces users to enter data via a user form while the underlying worksheet remains hidden.
And you’ll learn how to add an alternative right-click menu and how to make it a permanent feature of Excel.
Whether you are looking to enhance your career prospects by adding Excel VBA to your C.V., save your company money or increase your productivity, this series of Advanced Excel Online training courses will help you to broaden your Office programming skill set.
1. Getting Started
1. Welcome to the course
2. Downloading the Course Files
3. Overview of Event Programming
4. Event Categories
5. Creating Event Handlers
2. Workbook Event Programming
1. The Workbook NewSheet Event
2. The Workbook Open Event
3. The Workbook BeforeClose Event
4. Mini-project – Accessible Workbook 1
4. Mini-project – Accessible Workbook 2
4. Mini-project – Accessible Workbook 3
4. Mini-project – Accessible Workbook 4
3. Worksheet Event Programming
1. Worksheet PivotTableUpdate
2. Workbook SheetChange Event
3. WorksheetChange Event
4. Cancelling Sheet Events
5. The SheetBeforeDelete Event
4. Project – Creating an Event Log
1. Overview of Project
2. Logging Workbook Open
3. Logging Workbook Close
4. Logging Workbook SheetChange
5. Logging The Previous Cell Value
6. Implementing Error Handling
5. Creating UserForms
1. Getting Started With Userforms
2. Adding Userform Controls
3. Showing a Userform
4. Dismissing A Userform
5. The UserformInitialize Event
6. The Control Change Event
7. Multi-table Filter Userform
6. Project – UserForm data capture
1. Overview of Project
2. Creating The Userform
3. Adding Labels And Text Boxes
4. Adding Combo Boxes
5. Adding A Multi-column List Box
6. Programming The Add Button
7. Validating User Data
8. Programming The Copy-up Button
9. Programming The Delete Button
10. Programming The Submit Button
11. Enabling And Disabling Controls
7. Chart Events
1. Overview Of Chart Events
2. Mini Project Drill-down 1
2. Mini Project Drill-down 2
2. Mini Project Drill-down 3
2. Mini Project Drill-down 4
2. Mini Project Drill-down 5
8. Application Events
1. Accessing Application events 1
2. Accessing Application events 2
3. Making Application events permanent
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 1
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 2
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 3
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 4
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 5
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 6
4. Mini-project – NewWorkbook event 7
Single User, 2 Users, 5 Users, 10 Users, 25 Users, 50 Users, 100 Users